Re: [VACList] summer desert camping

Jon,
Last summer the first week of June we to the Overlander to Phoenix, found it
quite hot in Moab, very nice at Grand Canyon and Flagstaff.  I wouldn't
recommend Phoenix without air conditioning.  As you say stay above 6000 feet
at night and you will find the nights so cool you may need a jacket however
the days may be hot.  I usually use the AC in the suburban during the day.
We did spend some hot dry days at Canyon de Chelly but not intolerable.
Happy trails, GAS