[VACList] Fait Accompli Face Lift

Hi Gang,

The deed is done. Our '67 22' Safari is now back in our side yard (in
Upstate NY),  where it is reflecting sunlight in all directions -- and
providing a 10' tall 22' long mirror for anyone who even thinks about
approaching it.

Last Fall, I took our Airstream to Steve and Kevin Ruth in Ohio and asked
them to refinish/polish it for us. For those who will ask, the cost was
$2640.

Last Sunday after supper (8pm), I packed my traveling bag, gased up our '75
Mercury Station Wagon and left for Helena, Ohio (500+ miles).  I arrived
Monday morning around 9am, chit chatted with Steve and Kevin who did the
actual work of refinishing and polishing the exterior of our Airstream, paid
my bill, put our mirror shined canoe on top of the car, hooked up the mirror
shined Airstream and brought both home - arriving in East Greenbush about
11pm (12 hours later).

The Airstream looks just as I had hoped it would look - outstandingly
beautiful - on top of being fully capable for continuing to travel the
continent as it has done so superbly for 35 years. I hadn't reckoned on
seeing our Airstream as a proud looking vehicle with smooth, muscular lines
just waiting for a return to full service.  I am more impressed with the
Ruth's workmanship than I had anticipated.

Yesterday, I cleaned the bugs off the front of the Airstream (from the trip
home) and caulked around the vents. Next week, I'll dewinterize the fresh
water system, check in with our insurance agent and start traveling again.

One of these days, when I figure out what kind of a digital camera to buy
and use with my Mac laptop, I'll take a few pictures and post them somewhere
(have to figure that out, too).

The International at Burlington, Vermont is on our schedule,

Terry