Re: [VACList] Tire inflation pressures

Bill,
 Our trailer weighs about 6000# when ready to roll, with about 750# on the
tongue. I run about 45-48 PSI in the tires. They run very cool, so I'm
happy.

The max rating on the tires is 65 PSI for 2450# of weight, IIRC. As I'm
nowhere near that load, the max pressure isn't required and only makes the
trailer ride much harder. (pump your car's tires up to 45 PSI and take 'er
around the block, you'll see what I mean)

All tire manufacturers publish weight vs. inflation charts for their tires,
you should consult them. Be sure to WEIGH your trailer so you know exactly
what load the tires are carrying.

                                                            <<Jim>>