Re: [VACList] Weight of 22' 1957 Safari

Ron -  I can't identify  1957 22' Safari

if It's 22'  and a 1957 it should be a Flying Cloud or Caravanner

Check out http://www.vintageairstream.com/archives/index.html

and http://www.vintageairstream.com/floyd/floyd_home.html  for more info.

In any case your 2 door Explorer isn't a big enough vehicle to tow safely
a trailer of that size.

Your wheel base is to short and the weight limit safety
factor will probably be to low once you put things in the trailer.

Just my opinion.  But if I remember correctly the 57's were about
2500# or more themselves.

I'd get a large tow vehicle first because as your already experiencing
the disease we all have called aluminitus (the desire for a shinny aluminum
airstream).  This usually leads to more and bigger.

Now that you have the disease, you might as well get ready to enjoy it.

Happy Airstreaming

Blair