[VACList] Re: [A/S] Stone Guards

Thanks for mentioning that idea. It was a good reminder for me.

When we went on the Alaska Caravan fifteen years ago, we arrived at the
rendezvous campground just as another caravan returned. Those caravaners
were cleaning the mud off their Airstreams and -- get this -- discarding the
plywood (purchased at the local lumber yard) which they had built to protect
their Airstreams a month earlier before starting on their caravan.

The campground owner was delighted when Airstreamers on our caravan began
scavengering the "junk wood" being left by these caravaners.  This was one
of those occasions when "dumpster diving" paid off royally.

Also - anyone going to Alaska might want to be sure their "stash box" has
fasteners and whatever else they'll need for adapting discarded plywood.

Also - worth mentioning is a checklist that WBCCI Caravan Leaders developed
for potential Al/Can highway travelers.  Anyone attending this year's
International in Vermont AND taking the Caravan Leader's training course can
get a copy of that checklist.

Also - one of the Caravan Leaders will be hosting a "get together" for those
who recently joined him/her on their Alaska Caravan. Obviously, this is a
target rich environment for anyone wanting to plan ahead and learn more
about an Alaska trip.

Terry