[VACList] Re: Bathroom lights

Hi Alan,

Yes, that was done immediately after we bought the trailer. I wanted to buy
and install them in the '86 32' we used to have, but a buyer came along too
soon.  With this '89 32', I decided to buy and install them immediately.
The difference this time is that no one is likely to be interested in buying
the '89 32'. There are too many pricey goodies on it.

I used two 18" Thin-lites - the one bulb fluorescent model. They are
profoundly kinder to the solar system, plus there is a switch on each one.
Sandie likes that because the switches are at the bottom and easy to reach
at night (and will be reachable by grand children, too).

You've seen the four 75 watt panels on this Airstream so you might be
interested to know they keep our two batteries at 75% charged nearly all the
time. The charge was down to 70% two weeks ago when it rained every day.
Both Sandie and I are conservative when it comes to using 12 volt power, so
you can imagine our delight when while watching the Irag War on TV - we
realized there was plenty of 12 volt power for as much TV time as we could
tolerate.

Now - FINALLY - I'm happy with my solar configuration.  Before buying this
Airstream, I looked at the roof first. I wanted enough room for four big
panels without scattering them around up there.

Another thing I did when we bought this trailer was to immediately install a
remote switch on one of our inverters. I wanted power to everything (except
microwave and a/c) with just a flick of the switch. As you might suspect, we
used that switch often during our return trip from New Orleans and stopping
at Flying J stations.  Also, I always use inverter power with my Mac laptop,
so I never worry about brown outs, surges or spikes in power.

Sometimes, little things provide big conveniences,

Terry