Re: [VACList] Tires for 1968 26 ft Overlander

I've heard lots of reports of both passenger car and trailer tire radials
with the side walls blowing out. I had this happen to me with a 4 yr. old,
13", load range C, Marathon that was well maintained and pressure checked 5
hours prior to the blow out. I believe the bias belted tires have a heavier
side wall. Do they fail at a greater or lessor rate than the radials?
  I was also wondering if, with the heavier, stiffer side wall the trailer
might track better than with a more flexible radial?
'61 Bambi
'63 SOB

PS Goodyear paid $300 for damages to the trailer.