Re: [VACList] Tires for 1968 26 ft Overlander

back in those days (early to mid 70s) I bought radials and bias belts
for my 67 Overlander.  Went thru a set of 5 Michellin between Lubbock
and OKC one summer.  Replaced them with Kelly
fiber-used-in-ballistic-vests radials and those lasted me for another
3 yrs.  The set of tires I bought and put on Jim Greene's 68 Tradewind
were Carlisle's out of Florida.  EXCELLENT tires.  Liked them so much
that I bought a set for my 77 Sovereign and had them shipped across
the country to Kalifornia where I liberated my trailer.

Jim, are you still using those Carlisle tires?  vaguely remember that
they were bias belt.  Have always preferred stiff side wall tires,
radial or bias belt for a trailer.  less "sliding around" in curves,
etc.  imho, the trailer pulls better with such tires vs the "low
profile" radials.

fwiw
chas

--