Re: [VACList] Bizarre devise

not sure why this was to be considered bizarre by today's standards,
it certainly was not treat with such ridicule when it was brought out
in the 70s.  this is the same time that the macerator came out.  this
device would reduce the contents of the holding tank to a puree and
then was fed thru the exhaust heat (which reaches 800* or more) and
incineration then took place.
the reason this failed was that it was considered too complicated to
hook two vehicles together to accomplish this task.
It would have been a natural for a Class C but back then, we had very
few mansion cost motor homes which seem to be prevalent today.  in
fact, the old Winnebago was the high end of that sort of market.
enuff
point is, I sugest that people not ridicule what they do not fully
understand.
when this thing worked, it was a superb product. you arrived at your
next camp site with an empty black tank and some people stated that as
long as they were travelling every day, it kept up with the task.

fwiw
chas