[VACList] World's First Airstream Motor Home

Greetings Airstreamers,

A couple of years back, I posted some photos to this list of an early
Airstream converted into a motor home that I shot in Yellowstone Park in
the summer of 1972.  It appeared to be a 40's-vintage Wee Wind on a VW
Microbus chassis. At the time, I speculated on what might have
happened to it. Well, 31 years later, lo and behold, it's for sale on eBay!  I
looked at the pictures I took, and it matches perfectly -- there is a crease
in the curb side that shows clearly on the pix on eBay. The 96-year-old
man who built it is still alive, according to the description. It can be
yours for a mere 15K; no bids as of yet. Here's the link:
Airstream motorhome bubble volkswagen kombi.htm

If you'd like to see the pictures I took, send me an e-mail and I'll send
them to you.

Best Regards,

Rich