Re: [VACList] Re: twin to double bed conversion

On my trade wind double I replaced the toreture rack thart passed for a bed
with a cusrom built futon it is built in as part of the trailer. I started
with a pare of sofe bed hinges from rocker hardware and worked from there. It
was quite a engeneering project it is nor as wide as a full sized bed it is
about 44in opened. while I was at it I replaced the front sofa with a custom
built futon it opens to 39 in I used the new "cpmfort Foam' In 4 in
thickness. works well I cannot feel the plywood base under neath. The project
was pricyI did the work myself bought the foam and fabric wholesale and paid
$200. labor for the upholstry. thtal project cost about $800. Spentb 5 months
last year in the trailer and the project was worth eavery penny.
Jim Smith
1965 Tradewind(The Silver Abaltross.