[VACList] water tank

Thanks, Scott -

You know, there must be a reason Airstream abandoned the pressurized
water tank. Certainly, the water pump approach is a lot more straight
forward (and cheaper).

I'm going with a basic ShurFlo pump (2.8 gpm, $75.00) and HePex tubing
for plumbing (3/8 inch ID), and just ordered a pre-fab, 25-gallon plastic
tank ($110.00). It's rectangular, 34 inches long with a 13 x 13 inch cross
section. It's the best fit in my stock mounting location (next to the wheel
well and under the berth (couch), and accomodates the 4-inch heating
ducts that run alongside for the center and rear vents.

It's amazing how much more room there is under the berth with the old
tank out! After installing the water heater and pump back there, I'll still
have gobs o' room. I can either make it into storage, of add another tank
if one 25 gal. ends up being too small.

By the way, I took out a 12-inch diameter steel tank that's nearly 6 feet
long.   Does anyone know the volume of that tank? (Perhaps it was 30
gallons.) Maybe a mathmatician in our ranks can do the calculation, and
conversion from cu. feet to gallons.

Bill
'62 Trade Wind (on comeback trail)