[VACList] Re: Bathroom floor

I am in the process of replacing my bathroom floor.  I
will supply pictures to interested persons when I am
done.  But basically, I cut the old section out in
three pieces.  The cuts were done at the inner edges
of the main frame beams and the first (rearmost) cross
support.  The cuts were done at 45 degree angles with
a rotary bit saw, as per the recommendation of some
clever folks on this list.

The new floor was put back in three pieces.  By
planning the cuts carefully, the entire assembly goes
in (relatively) easily and ends up in compression.
You can stand on the new plywoood, even without
fasteners or glue.

The hardest part was slipping the new pieces into the
channel.  It was deformed by the placement of staples
and the pulling out of bolts over time.  The new wood
wouldn't go in without correcting some of this.

Of course, some fine tuning of the pieces was also
necessary.  This was also made easier by having some
smaller sections.

I think it would have been hard to do mine by sliding
the wood in from the outside.  But, perhaps the damage
to yours is in a smaller area.  I was also reluctant
to drill out the original bucked rivets.

Good luck.  It's exciting when you see that bright new
flooring finally in place.

Jon in SC
68 Overlander