[VACList] Bathroom floor

Hi All,
I am in the final process of replacing the floor in the bath area of my 65
Overlander.  I am replacing all of the last 4' of flooring.  I have removed
all of the floor bolts including the wonderful ones hiding in the C channel.
 At this point I was sitting there marveling at my accomplishment when
it dawned on me that I had a fast approaching obstacle.  I would like to
save as much as I can of the old floor piece to use as a pattern but
seeing that it overlaps approximately 1" into the C channel on both sides
how does it come out and then how do you put the new piece back in
without cutting it in half?  Is cutting inevitable?

Thanks for any and all help.
Earl Peck