Re: [VACList] LED inside - over the door

Terry
so far no one has addressed an answer to your question, lots of irrelevant
answers but nothing to the point.
Your light switch (which I had in my recently traded Tradewind and in Overlander
30 yrs ago) was nothing but a 110V wall switch in a box which was screwed into
the wall of your trailer and usually somewhere in around the window forward of
the door but abaft the front window.   If you have that switch box, it is a
simple matter to kill your juice to that switch and then to mount the led with
its pigtails into the coverplate.
Where to get?  go to any Radio Shack or other electronics hobby kit store or
even go to the url for the big store that is always advertised in the back pages
of PopSci or PopMech.   Cannot remember the name but you have a better memory
than I do.  ANYONE has a better memory unless they are functionally brain dead
as I appear to be<G>

just use a VOM to make sure that your switch voltage is 12 and not 110.  this
allows you to mount it right on the switch and not be trying to fish lines thru
the insulation to some magic position above the door.  just remember to look at
the outdoor light switch box at night and you will see the light for sure!!!

hope this helps
chas

--
Charles L Hamilton,  chasm@schuetzen.net  Houston, TX
WBCCI #1130  VAC   S*M*A*R*T '76 Sovereign '02 E350 PSD