[VACList] New propane lines?

I am restoring a 68 airstream and am replacing the whole propane
system.

The old propane lines from the regulator to the appliances appears to
be copper with compression fittings. When I spoke to a plumming shop
and an airconditioner shop, they all said not us use copper lines due
to a chemical reaction between copper and natural gas. They said to
use black pipe through the floor and then a commercial flex pipe to
the appliance like they do in houses. The black pipe is not flexable
so will be a real pain.

So what should I use. The copper seems to have lasted 30 years, it
was just crushed by a missplaced jack. Can I use the copper?.

What else is avaliable?

Signed:

Lee in Dallas.