Re: [VACList] Parbond source?

> Two questions:
> 1.) Where do you find Parbond in the Bay Area? And

I order it from Allied Trailer and C&G in Southern California with my
restoration parts, but you can get it online from any of the full service
suppliers:

http://VintageAirstream.com/rr_topics_suppliers.html#Rvparts

> 2.) Is there another sealing material around the fixed
> windows in a 1968 Safari?
> As I was peeling away the remnants of silicone around
> the windows from the last owner, I also scratched out
> a material that looked like it could've been a rubbery
> seal, sorta like putty tape that had hardened with
> age. It was all the way around the exterior perimeter
> of the lower fixed window panes.  Did the Phillips
> factory assemble these windows with some sort of
> gasket tape - and do I need to disassmbled the panel
> to replace it?  Your thoughts and recommendations
> would be much appreciated.

They installed the windows with a butyl rubber tape seal.  It may have
shrunk over the years, but it's not worth drilling out the windows for.  The
Parbond seal will wick it's way into any voids and close them.