[VACList] Fw: VAC Greetings

Hi Chris,

When you get your trailer you will eligible for membership in the VAC! My
wife Linda and I live less than 100 miles from you in SO. NH.
We would like to extend an invitation to join the Club. I have attached
membership info and when you are ready, just fill it out and send it in!
As a vintage owner you have a number of choices to consider in joining the
club. Deciding which type of membership is right for you and your family
depends on your planned use for your Airstream. If you plan to use your Airstream
for a neat little guest room out back of your house or as a stationary
camp by the lake, then membership has no real value. On the other hand if you
plan to use your Airstream to travel occasionally and meet other Club members, joining a
local WBCCI unit can be very rewarding. Many members have traveled
extensively and have lots experience with getting the most out of their
Airstream. Local unit membership offers one the opportunity for close
community and a chance to socialize with people of all ages and interests.
If your plans are to travel extensively and see the US from the unique
perspective that  RVing has to offer, a Membership at Large is your best
value. It allows you to attend any VAC/WBCCI event anywhere and to take
advantage of the opportunity to use free courtesy parking  offered by
hundreds of members at or near their home throughout the US. This benefit
alone can save you hundreds of dollars per year in campground fees and
make the price of membership seem paltry by comparison.

As Past President of the Washington, DC unit, I would like to take this
opportunity to promote our own (Local) Unit. The DC unit was founded by two VACers and
was the first new unit in the WBCCI in over 10 years. The founders, Tom
Howarth and Bill Scott, wanted to create a unit that was uniquely Vintage
in its make up, that catered to Members that still work, have young children
and have a real interest in the restoration and use of Airstreams Legacy
Trailers. This means, we have all of our events on weekends and join in
the planning and management of Vintage Events in the northeast. In fact many
people have mistaken the DC unit as a Vintage Club Unit. There is no such
unit! There are however, a large number of Vintage Airstream owners who
are VAC/WBCCI members or Associates and they all belong to local units or are
Members At Large (MAL's). Other local units across the US are enjoying the
same success because they have found as we have, the right formula for
attracting new members!

     The DC unit was formed from MAL's attending the VAC/WBCCI
International Rally in Dayton, OH. in 1999 and has an International Membership. We have
continued to grow and have over 100 Members and Affiliates, including VAC
founder Bud Cooper! At present all VAC Officers are Members or Affiliates
of the DC unit. So whether you like making the trip to the DC area a habit or
like cruising the roads of California Wine country or the narrow streets
of Europe, the DC unit can be your home unit in place of a MAL membership.
We welcome one and all!

Sincerely,

Wayne A. Moore (WAM)
3rd Vice President &