[VACList] Re:

>I have a 63 bambi, and the previous owner gutted out the trailer and
>installed a new floor 3/4 plywood.  He just glued (not very well) the
>plywood to the steel frame with what looks like construction adhesive. I
>pulled up one sheet (very easily).  The trailer shell was not fastened to
>the floor, I would think it should be?
=============
I received you email with above question and note it was sent to VAC
list.  As I did not see it on the VAC list I suggest you send it again as
there are several members who have the experience you need.  I can say
that the plywood base should be screwed to the frame of the trailer as
well as to the cross members of the frame.  I think they used self
tapping screws for this.  The trailer shell is then screwed to the floor
plus in some places thru the bottom channel of body shell  thru into the
trailer frame.  To attach the sheel to the floor and frame it may be
necessary to removed the bottom inside panel to get to the U channel at
the bottom of the shell.

Roy Lashway
'78 Argosy,'56 Bubble
WBCCI 1610     VAC