Re: [VACList] tow 2000 lbs. with my car? "Ant pulls watermellon"

Margo,

This reminds me of a towing experience I once had when a tow vehicle goes
out of control.  Fourteen years ago my wife and I were moving away from the
University with an F100 Ford pickup pulling a large horse trailer with all
our belongings headed west on Interstate 80.  My wife was driving, traveling
at about 65 mph when we encountered a steep downgrade, for which she braked.
The trailer drove us sharply sideways toward the embankment, I grabbed the
steering wheel with my left hand as the thing whizzed past reflector posts
at about 65 - 70 mph.

All I can say is that we were exceedingly lucky that day because the highway
was two lanes wide with no traffic.  We used all of two lanes before we were
under control again.

I will never forget the sound of the back tires of the pickup ripping from
side to side as it fishtailed at the very limits of control.  By holding
steady with my left hand we regained a straight trajectory.

Never again will I have an undersized and underweighted tow vehicle!

Please take my experience as the "living" word!  Good luck. GAS