Re: [VACList] Avion by Fleetwood

Tom,
 We sold our '83 Avion for $8200.00; it had brand-new tires, Inteli-Power
converter, new tongue jack, updated valves on the tanks, etc. It was
literally ready-to-roll, in fact we delivered it to northern MO, about
1/2-way to Texas. That's where the trailer is now.

You'll probably not see prices below about $5000.00 for a trailer like that
if it's in good shape and everything works. We paid $4200.00 for our 1973,
25-footer; everything worked, but it needed tires. ANYTHING needs tires if
they're more than 5 or 6 years old. I've seen asking prices of over
$10,000.00 for a trailer like you describe.

The older Avions that look like an AirStream, not the box-style, are very
good outfits. Naturally, the appliances are all the same as any other RV,
but the trailer is really, really built. They're a bit heavier than the
older A/Ss, but much more than current models of equivilant size.

Good luck!!                                  <<Jim>>