[VACList] Re: VACList - Laying aluminum panel over damaged panel

Scott - I realize that the trailers have an inner and an outer skin.  There
is a gap between these layers from the way I understand it - and it's filled
with insulation.
The gap no doubt allows for possibly some air circulation of some type - and
if the rain stops or the trailer is taken and parked undercover in a
reasonably dry climate - that space will probably dry out with time- but if
the trailer sits outside and it's cold and damp - the moisture is going to
stay around for awhile.

If you reduce the gap between the panels - to one panel on top of another
(as suggested by this topic on panel repair) - there is almost no gap what
so ever and you end up with a space that will never be serviceable - so my
thought is that whatever gets into that thin tight space might or is going
to react in some way that just can't be controlled.

My thoughts for the trapped water situation aren't so much about corrosion
as they are about a "science project" growing.  If the trailer is used in a
warm and dry zone - it probably wouldn't make much difference - but in a
damp zone it could make for some odd situations and you'd never be able to
get at it.

I am reminded of how a trailer left out in a damp and humid climate for long
periods of time eventually starts to grow "green stuff"  on it's exterior
(at least they do up here in the Pacific Northwest).  So my thinking is that
if "stuff" can grow on the exterior just from sitting - "what" might be
happening on the inside if it was wet for extended periods of time?  If
nothing else - we know for sure that the wood down in the floors is not
going to react kindly.

Best wishes.  RL