[VACList] 12 volt dc circuit

Hey Dawson,
              I have a 65 caravel and it has the system you discribed .
If they are the same system then you do not have dc at all. Your univolt
system is a 110 vac to 12 vac transformer your battery gets its charge
from your tow vehicle.#2 wire on your bargman plug . The light you
discribed is your reverse polarity light if its lit you need to change
the plug to shore power. The switches you talked of are for
city power (shore pwr) or Battery power. when on battery rem. you will
not have 110vac your lights are working by virtue of 12vac filaments. I
have my complete manuel and line drawings . My scaner isnt working just
now but if our units are the same and you wish I will E-mail you a copy
of what you need .
                                                  Pete Highlands
                                                   n3rlj
                                                    65 Caravel