Re: [VACList] Re: [A/S] Solar Panel Suggestions?

I don't have experience with the Optima batteries, but I put Concorde
"Lifeline" AGM batteries my A/S last year and am sold on them.  No
overcharge problems from the InteliPower, they have never run down, no
venting needed and no spilling.  They are perfect.  I suspect the Optimas
are the same.

The solar powered battery chargers usually put out only small amounts of
charging current, and might have a hard time keeping up after a boondocking
trip.  They are designed for light duty use.  Then there is the problem of
storage when you are ready to go, unless you fix them to the roof.

One point:  You will pay twice as much for any panel at Camping World or
another RV place than you will at some place that only deals in solar
panels.  Check the yellow pages.

Roger

Roger Hightower
WBCCI 4165, VAC, TCT