[VACList] Double Bed

I'm wanting to convert the twin bed setup in
my rear-bathroom coach into a double bed.  All
of the original stuff has already been removed
and set aside.

Looking at the floorplan in the service manual,
it looks as though Airstream used a 48" x 75"
mattress in the double bed configuration.  Does
anybody have one of these?  Am I correct on that
size?  Can 2 adults sleep comfortably on it?
And are fitted sheets available, or do you have
to make your own?

Or...
Anybody ever put a regular full size bed in one
of these trailers?  That's a 54" x 75" mattress.
Looks like that'd block a big part of the door
opening into the bathroom.  Not sure what other
sorts of problems might crop up either.  There
would still be room for an isle and some sort
of storage against the opposite wall.  And there
is room to move the whole bed forward about 5"
which could make the bathroom more accessible.
(?)

Not sure what I'm going to do.  I'd like to
hear any experiences or thoughts regarding any
of this from anybody here.  Thanks.

Jimbo / '76 Sovereign