Re: [VACList] Removal of silicone caulking

Ken,
I actually like silicone calk because it is relatively easy to remove from
surfaces such as metal by simply scraping as you have and rubbing with
fingers, etc.  I think during the buffing/polishing process it should come
right off.  I had no difficulty removing the old vulcum from around the vent
pipes, etc. with a screwdriver...mostly just my fingers.  There are other
folks here on the site who can direct you to a source for volcum to calk
those leaks.  The bad part about silicone is that it leaves a trail of
residue down the side of the trailer from running water.  Good luck.

Gerald Shippen