Re: [VACList] 1964 Land Yacht Overlander

Welcome to the silver madness.

I will pass on the undercarriage stuff, except to say that it would be
sad to fix it up nice and then have it take a digger at 55 on asphalt.

As far as the rear bath goes, it never did have a grey water tank, and
wasn't designed to carry that much more weight. Water is heavy !
Especially back there hanging in space.

As far as the floor goes, first figure out why it rotted, and fix the
leaks. When you take up the carpet, you may find it is worse than you
though. We spend a lot of time on fixing floors; replaceing plywood,
using penetrating epoxy to strenthen punky wood, and arguing about the
best floors to have. For the fixing go to Tom Patterson's archives of
all our list talk ( May he live long and have plenty of storage space)

http://www.tompatterson.com/wgall.html

I am a cork floor fan. No carpets for me, they get too dirty too fast.

You can see my floor at:
http://home.tiac.net/~jtdjtd/aspix/floor.html

Daisy