Re: [VACList] Re: VACList Digest V3 #33

David Turner .   My info probably is outdated but since my husband was an
internal auditor for IH and he had Travelall's for his company car.  We could
keep them for only 15,000 miles then we either had to turn them in or sell them
for the company.  Sell them we did all 11 of them except for the last one when
he was no longer to have one since they were not being made.  I sold the last
one with 225,000 miles on it and I still see it around Hemet and I sold it 10
years ago.    It  was 3/4 ton and towed the 64  30' airstream all over the
country...(the first coule we had were only 1/2 ton but they did a great job)
finding parts now  would probably be hard and if it has been in the mid west or
east the rust problem is probably bad.     But they took the mountain driving
without a problem.   Many times wish I still had one for a tow vehicle.   am
towing now with Ford 1 ton extended cab  350  with 117,000 miles on it.
recently had carb rebuilt,  new king pin and adjustments,  new seals and hoses
for the  power steering  so hope good for lots more miles.   Pearl in So Cal