Re: [VACList] Vintage Puller

Hi Dr. G.,
    Your prognostication regarding replacing rubber hoses and gaskets is
coming true.  Today we repaired the vacuum line on the water pump and as
soon as it started serious sucking a lot of holes opened in the hose and
joints.

The wind wings are maybe the biggest problem of all.  They are so poorly
seated that they whine at high pitch whenever we get up to speed.

I found a shop in Escondido that had no problem working on a vintage Air
Conditioning.  They even said that they might come up with a better looking
dash plate for the unit.  I'm going to let them fix both A/C and heater
motors tomorrow.  As soon as the fix-up repairs are done I will do a
complete preventive maintenance trip on tranny and rear end.

The van runs great and I can't wait to pull my Safari to the first VAC
rally.  I was so impressed by the event in Santa Maria.

Bob Kiger  http://cruiserbob.com
66 Airstream Safari
Mira Mar Mobile Park
Oceanside, CA