RE: [VACList] aluminum cleaning miracle

I found it, my miracle...I gotta let y'all know...after trying literally
more than a dozen cleaners and techniques on the corrosion on my
interior windows...[that's what the bumpy stuff was...under a magnifying
glass it was pitted aluminum with black corrosion in it and built up.
Some was white like salt damage].

Anyway the very best instant cleaner is "Aircraft Remover" by Klean
Strip which is made to "strip finish and primer from metal
surfaces"...works like a charm. Spray and wipe with 4"0" steel wool and
the window trim glows like new!!!!

I used it to get the old window gaskets off.  It didn't even hurt the
interior finish if I rinsed it promptly and it rinses well with water.
Gasket remover also worked but it's more expensive.  Hope I didn't get
lung cancer using it...I plan to use it a lot more.  I sure have a lot
of aluminum polish left.  I can't use polish after using this cleaner or
the black residue just fills the pits again.  It will last a while
anyway.

This stuff is at Walmart in the auto parts dept.

I also found that solvents from West marine like 216 gets adhesives off
that nothing else will budge...like those that hold up towel racks.
Acc'g to the label this stuff only causes cancer in CA!!!  Right!

Lexxy