RE: [VACList] 55 Overlander restoration/refit

I don't think it was remodeled with the idea to ever travel again - the
extra weight, computer desk and wood stove jump to mind, and is more in
line with a home office or guest house concept that happens with many
older larger Airstreams.

One item of note is that the owner may have spent a mint on the
interior, but the exterior and things that make a trailer travel -
windows, external lights, axles, skin, are still in original unrestored
condition.  This comes back to one of the cautions I list in my
Airstream values summary: 'you will rarely recover your costs of a
fully customized (or restored) trailer'.

If polished up, it has the potential to make a classy spare room - I
guess the potential buyer will have to decide if the idea is worth
$25,000.
RJ
VintageAirstream.com