Re: [VACList] aluminum polish/tiles

I like the abrasive quality of medium Stainless Steel wool for cleaning
interior aluminum.  As you said, there is much of a much between cleansers.
As to the vinyl asbestos tile, I got good service out of it for a couple of
years after I bought my rig.  There seems to be two different installation
techniques on the old tile.  My coach had glue between the tiles and the
floor board.  Others have reported a black "tar type" paper sandwiched
between the tile and floor board.  Those with the paper have a very tough
time scraping up the ASBESTOS tile.  Those with only glue seem to be able to
lift off the entire tile with just a scraper.  The latter situation is a lot
safer because you are not breaking microparticles into the air in large
quantities.

If you are planning on floor replacement, make a test to see how your tiles
are fastened down.  If you have the black stuff, I would get a good floor
person to pull up the old asbestos and get rid of it in a legal manner.

Best of luck.

Bob Kiger  http://cruiserbob.com
66 Airstream Safari
Mira Mar Mobile Park