Re: [VACList] Cracks in refrigerator vent, solicitation for ideas

Jim W ,
   There is a product available at NAPA auto parts stores called fiber strand ,
much like bondo but stronger as it has short strands of fiberglass in it . There
is another type called tiger hair , which has long strands in it , I would `nt
use that except where it wouldnt show , because its harder to fair it in
smooothly . It would be even stronger tho .
    I used fiberstrand to repair the vent in my 64 , in place , I just scratched
it up real good with 36 grit , used regular `glass where it was badly cracked ,
and faired it in with the fiberstrand , sanded to 180 grit and painted it .
Looks fine .
Chris