[VACList] Brake Contoller

Hi all,

  I have been through many forums talking about brake contollers.   I am not
familiar with them so I would like to ask your opinion.  The two that seem
to stand out now are the Jordan Ultima, and the Tekonsha Prodigy.  I know
this seems to be a hard question after studying all the forums I have been
through.  I'm hoping that experienced folk might have an answer.

  Some of my driving will be on icy roads here in Montana.  We have a pickup
with four wheel ABS.  The trailer is only 3500 GVW.  From what I understand
at this time is that locking the brakes on a trailer can cause it to slide
past you leading to unpeasant results.  In these conditions a break
controler might not be an asset.

  I can learn this the hard way, but I'm not inclined to.  Hints, tips,
clues would be appreciated.

  Thanks for all of your previous help.

JimW