[VACList] Re: [VAC] 77 Argosy minuet 6 metre (20ft) with aluminum floor

Hi All,

The weather warmed up a bit, and I decided to do some more exploration on
the floor.  It is about a one inch thick piece of Styrofoam sandwiched
between two plates of heavier gauge aluminum.  It is not sitting on rotten
wood like I feared.  That is all there is except some fibreglass insulation
over the belly pan.  The floor has sagged slightly between supports in the
traffic areas.  The gentleman I spoke with that owned it before the guy I
bought it from (POPO) still insists it was a factory job.  Nice guy in his
mid 80's.  Don't know how to check on that.

Question:  How would you level this type of floor?  I think the Styrofoam
has compressed over the years and the aluminum stretched a bit.  Options I
have considered are drilling small holes in the floor and using expanding
foam.  Maybe while under upward tension.  I think you drill a small hole and
use a hook to raise the metal.  Or maybe using a light weight filler on the
surface of the aluminum between supports with a wood venire  over it?  I
will consider all ideas.  :)

Thanks,

Jim