Re: [VACList] Crankup Antenna

Hi Daniel,

I still have to get mine to prop up.  It is too early to tell for me (had
the trailer two weeks now).  Mine is stuck in the rotate position, and does
that just fine.  I just can't get it into the raise position.  It is on a 77
Argosy.  I'm not sure if it the same one.  If you a patient I might get
tired of it soon.  :)

Since this antenna is VHF and UHF, has anyone tried it out on their cell
phones?  I seem to remember that the phone we use is around channel 89? on
the UHF scale.  Wonder what the gain is here.  I still carry around a 3 watt
Motorola bag phone for use in the mountains.  I need to figure out how to
get up on top of the trailer without injuring myself.  :)  Somebody
converted it to coax not long ago.  I think I need to check out the gears.
Too cold right now.

Take care,

Jim Widdicombe