[VAC] Re: plywood flooring

Chris,
From one Scotsman to another and all else interested,
A buddy of mine has a company that supplies the Transit Industry with floors for urban buses.  The Bus manufacturer sets the specs on the flooring materials to be supplied. He uses a product called "XL Bus Panel". They don't paint or coat it at all. The following is an excerpt from their Product Information Sheet:
 "XL Bus Panel is an extension of Greenwood's specialty plywood panels designed to be used for bus floors. XL Bus Panel is a pressure-preserved plywood panel impregnated with ACQ preservatives. ACQ is an environmentally friendly treatment which effectively controls rot without using EPA listed hazardous compounds. Panels are manufactured to the same exacting specifications used in Greenwood's boatbuilding plywood, including marine-grade glue. XL Bus Panels carries a 12 year limited warranty specifically for bus manufacturers. XL Bus Panels can be used wherever structural panels are needed and is especially beneficial where panels will be exposed to water"
I did a websearch on the manufacturer "Greenwood Forest Products" and discovered that they have boat plywood also called "XL" which they offer a 50 year guarantee. That's about the age of many of our Airstreams. I guess this where the Scotsman part of me comes out in that I was given enough large offcuts to completely replace the floor of my 57 Sovereign of the Road.  I realize that this does not benefit everyone however I would have gladly paid the full price on wood floor materials that I would be  sure will never have to be replaced again in my lifetime. I would imagine that it would be available through marine suppliers or possibly contact Greenwood directly. I don't have any connection with Greenwood Forest Products. If anyone is interested let me know offlist and I'll fax you a copy of the specs.

Colin Hyde
57 Sovereign of the Road
59 Ambassador International