[VAC] Re: painting plywood

  The other difference between exterior (cdx ) and marine is that most 5/8 exterior is only 5 laminations and most marine fir is seven so it is stronger , also the glue would saturate the thinner plys more so is more rot resistant . As Jim said , the plys in marine have no voids , which might also mean a higher quality log , or a higher quality part of the log - even if the voids are plugged with patches of wood or bondo it would be better than an empty place for water to collect and fungus to grow were one to show up on the edge you cut .
   Me - I spent the extra 25 -30 bucks . Which is a lot for a Scotsman like me ! ( forgive my racist slur )
   Chris Elliott