[VAC] Re: wire nuts VS crimp connectors

Todd,
  Neither one is really suitable for under-vehicle splices, but the
factories seem to use 'em anyway. Especially wire-nuts. If the wiring is
unlikely to be disturbed (IE: lights), I'd solder the connections and
cover with either shrink tubing or splicing tape. (a soft rubbery stuff
that vulcanizes itself into a solid, impermeable mass) I'd probably use
Wire-Nuts on the brake magnets, filling them with either plain grease or
dielectric grease. Then, making sure that they're tipped with the closed
end 'up' so as to not collect water inside.

                               <<Jim>>