[VAC] What if

Now that the temps are starting to drop here in TX, it is a great time to
travel. In fact we are heading up to Dallas next week and will be gone about
3 weeks. The weather forecast looks good, but what if one of those fronts
come through and drops the temp below freezing. I took out the old furnace
in my 1976 Sovereign and plan to repace it one of these days. Now we get by
quite nicely with a couple of small elect heaters. But if it freezes, while
I am out how should I protect my water pipes. Should I do like my dad has
told me for years at home, "leave a couple of faucets dripping"?