[VAC] Re: winterizing again

Hello All,
I just finished winterizing 3 units yesterday in preparation of the
harsh WI winter to come. I follow the same procedure that I have used
over the past 5 years with great success. First I do the open the drains
and tilt the trailer, pull it with all the drains open to spill out the
rest of the water. I then put air pressure to the system and work my way
from the front of the unit to the back; the kitchen sink, bathroom sink,
shower, and then the toilet. I then open each drain valve and blow those
out too. Last I open the water heater and finish as that seems to be the
lowest spot in my trailer. I call it quits when no water is detected in
the system. I then pump some antifreeze through the water pump and add
some more in the traps of the kitchen sink, bathroom sink and the
bathtub trap. I take a peak in the black water tank to make sure there's
not too much residual water in there and then I make sure there is no
water left in the gray water system and that's all she wrote. All in all
it takes about 3/4 of an hour to do this. I never pump antifreeze
through the system as there is no need if you use that air pressure
method and it make spring much easier to deal with.

It's a bummer to put it away but I can't go south...................
yet.

Ed
WBCCI/VAC 4425
68 Sovereign (winterized and stored for the winter)
59 Traveler (nothing in it yet)