[VAC] Re: Painting the Exterior of an Airstream or Argosy

HI HAK,

Because I'm in the process of replacing what I consider to be questionable
rivets on the exterior of my '74 Argosy, I question putting on a surface
that will not allow you to view rivet integrety.  My recent 2000 mile
evidenced many rivets that bled black streaks.  Each rivet so identified is
being replaced.  Running gear out of balance, etc. might have caused some of
the problem.  The AC is not properly supported and that's the reason for
some of the damage.

Way back when I think I started this thread, all I wanted to know if the
white paint being used for airstream roofs had any insulative value other
than reflection.  Most answers said "no" to insulative value.

With your proposed cap, though the engineers don't agree, I think the heat
adsorption and transfer to the skin would make the Argosy into an oven!
It's almost there now with the existing paint?

Just a couple of thoughts for your consideration.

                      Regards, '74 Argosy 22, Joy