[VAC] Re: Yukon tow vehicle

I have the 2001 1/2 ton Pickup with the 5.3 engine and the same
transmission and tow/haul.

I put it in tow/haul and the tranmission in drive.  And, I've been doing
this for nearly two years.  I had the transmission checked at the
truck's 30,000 check and it was in good shape. I tow a 31 footer and
have had to pass motorhomes...and this thing will do 75 without even
straining.

One thing that I plan on doing every 20,000 miles or so is a complete
transmission flush where they pump tranmission fluid thru the tranny in
reverse and clean out the majority of the old fluid.  I did that on my
old Yukon with 80K and again at 105K...and it was like driving a new
truck!  The shifts were crisp and clean and there was none of the "Will
I go into overdrive this time or not" that I got prior to the flush.

It ain't cheap, but in my opinion worth every penny.

Lefty Frizzell
http://home.earthlink.net/~leftyfrizzell