[VAC] Re: hydraulic brakes

Gary ,
I bought a "Carlisle Hydrastar" last year for a flatbed car trailer. The
trailer originally had surge brakes but the master cylinder in the tongue
was buggered up. I did a search on the web for a rebuild kit and I found
www.theexpediter.com . These people are trailer part suppliers located in
Florida. They had the rebuild kit I was looking for but they were also
offering the Hydrastar. I bought one and it has worked out very well. It has
a self-contained battery for run away protection. It is all enclosed in a
plastic weather tight box. It also operates with a standard electric brake
controller. I paid around $400+-. I just checked their website and it is
priced at $352.50 and is part #39411.  I'm planning on using one in my 57
Sovereign of the Road restoration. The nice thing about it is that you
retain hydraulic brakes and you can install it anywhere inside the trailer.
Good luck with it,

Colin Hyde
57 Sovereign of the Road
59 Ambassador International