[VAC] Re: Painting of an Airstream

Speaking of painted airstreams here is a beauty of a painted trailer that
the guys out at vintage-vacations finished not too long ago.  a first rate
resto on a 46 Spartan Manor whose surface was too messed up to polish.
worth looking at.

http://www.vintage-vacations.com/painted_1946_spartan_manor.htm

IMHO an Airstream would have to be pretty far gone for me to want to paint
it.  No matter what kind of shape the aluminum is in, that outer skin is
still sexy as hell.

In the other hand, I don't have a lot of room to be critical of radical
custom work on an A/S as I am in the process of removing the entire interior
of my 1969 25' Tradewind to put in aluminum trimmed bent birch walls and
custom cabinets. I am a sculptor and will be working out of the trailer for
the winter while I travel with only my dog for company.  A cabin with beds
for four and no sturdy work bench just isn't practical for me. (I am,
however saving, labeling, and photographing everything that comes out.) I am
still trying to decide if I want to polish at all.  Right now, my plan is
no-keep it looking like Clark Kent on the outside.

Dave Cole
532 Kinsley Ave, Box 27
Providence, RI 02909
davecole@openarts.org