[VAC] Refrigerator Problems

On my project of the day a 1966 Overlander, I have found that the
refrigerator works on the A/C side, but not on the LP side. At first
it would not light. I removed and cleaned the burner tube. I was
able to light it on the first turn of the flint. Set the fridge to
the number 4 setting. The flame is nice and blue, but it will not get
cold, even tried going to the number 9/ max setting.
Flipped it back to the A/C, cold in minutes. I always thought if it
worked on A/C and you switch to gas and could get the flame to light,
"should"work on LP.
I now know I was wrong! Any ideas of what to do would be great. I would
hate to have to keep the generator running the whole time. I can see it
now, generator running, cord going from back of the truck to the back of
the Airstream and going down I-95 at 55mph all at the same time.

Paul Waddell
WBCCI/VAC 1270
66 Overlander
70 23"LY single