[VAC] Re: Updating to External Utility Connections

Hi Dave,

Of course  you are looking around the campground and seeing non-airstream
units.  You'll note that they pay a price for the added height to get the
utilities out of  the bumper hatch.  Including some of the newer Airstreams.
My '69 Safari has the trap door arrangement for both the black water hose
and the electric.  The shore water is outside the bumper hatch.  My '74
Argosy has the sewer connection outside the bumper hatch with it's own set
of problems.  All in all, I think the low towing height, streamlined
appearance, and other aesthetics make up for the poor hookup problems.

 It's not really that big a deal, is it?  No other travel trailer in the
campground looks as neat as yours! :)

              Regards, '69 Safari, Joy