[VAC] Re: Stripping vinyl off '74 walls

Stripping vinyl off '74 wallsJim,

Unless the ribs and such are braced so they don't move you should never
attempt the removal of sheetmetal such as the inside or outside skin
for that matter.

The Airstream monocoque construction is what gives this architectual
design strength. It's sort of like trying to squeeze an egg in one
hand, it can be done under lots of pressure although I've never tried
that before either. I have built airplanes and repaired more than I
care to remember. Once taken fully apart it's highly unlikely all the
parts would fit again like they did originally.

Also, it's impossible to use one sheet of aluminum skin on another side
and expect it to fit.