[VAC] Re: Andy 1966 Window breakage prevention

Hi Andy,

The part for my 1969 Int Ambassador was ordered through Out-of-doors Mart in
Greensboro, NC. The order was shipped *directly to me from Airstream*.
After opening up the shipping carton I was pretty upset to see that
Airstream of all places would ever allow this to happen. All I can think of
is that someone without experience made this piece. To have aluminum drill
shavings sticking to the paper covering the window itself was distressing in
itself. To have mis-drilled holes and plugged holes was pretty bad. For
anyone to have shipped out a product like this to anyone is beyond me.

When I built airplanes work such as this would never pass the inspectors
eyes. This one shouldn't have either. Then again, maybe the factory had it
shipped to them and Airstream never looked at it either? Hard for me to
believe but I guess anything was possible.

Needless to say, I called Out-of-doors Mart, explained the problem and it
was shipped back to Airstream. I haven't tried to order another *original*
Airstream window since. Please send me your *private* email address and
phone number, I'd appreciate your help in solving my problem.

Tom Meeker
tmeeker@carolina.rr.com
WBCCI 5303