Re: Battery Chargers and care

We find it interesting when the NEW STYLE Intelli-power chargers are
compared to UNIVOLTS made 20 to 35 years ago. Surely, everyone would
agree
that technology has changed, at least in this area.
Lets compare the NEW STYLE UNIVOLTS with the Intelli-power chargers.
Why are there so many REBUILT Intell-powers available, and no UNIVOLTS???

Could it be that the UNIVOLT of today is the superior product???

We think so.

Sure the price is slightly greater. WHY??

Superior product is the answer.

Could we compare the price of a Chevy car against that of a Rolls Royce,
and
then say the Chevy is better because it's cheaper??? We don't think so.

Rarely can someone go out of the Airstream family for replacement parts,
instead of current Airstream replacements, AND, come out a winner.

We see the negative results of those attempts, on a daily basis.

Is Airstream's choice for the various components always right? Heck
no!!!
BUT, they are seldom wrong, and when they are, they are the first to
quickly
correct it.

That brings up the question of "why have they used the same univolt for
many
years?" It's not price folks, it's quality AND reliability!! And with
Airstream, that IS the bottom line.

Opinions differ, as well as reliability. So, why are there so many
rebuilt
Intelli-powers available???

Hmmm.

Andy